Friday, April 24, 2009

Update

Hi All - I was actually hoping I was done sending out Hospital updates for Jack but as it turns out he has become a "frequent flyer" here at Mayo. Today we are at Mayo again for another procedure. Last Friday Jack had a surgery to fix the catheter that connects from the pump to his spine. The catheter at Jack's spine had become twisted and somewhat disconnected. That turned out to be the cause of his leakage. However, since that surgery he has been having spinal headaches which are horrible. He has spent most of the week throwing up and when he's not throwing up he's trying to sleep. It's been very painful for him. So, today he's here to have a "blood patch" which will hopefully fix the problem. He's had a rough go since his first surgery on March 24th. We're hoping he bounces back soon. The next time I update this blog I hope I'll be reporting only good things.

Thanks everyone for sending Jack your prayers and good energy!

No comments:

Post a Comment